So, I'm just now getting around to posting about our Christmas because it's been a bit crazy around here. After being gone for a week in Nebraska, we not only had to come back and get into a routine again, but Carter started Upward basketball and I started my marathon training. After only a week, though, we seem to be back into a groove again.:0)
We had a wonderful Christmas with both sides of our family. My parents were here with us for Christmas and then we spent a week with Jason's family out in NE right after Christmas. It has become a wonderful tradition to have my mom and dad here with us for Christmas. We celebrated Jesus' birth together at one of the Christmas Eve services at church and then Jason and I headed back over for the 11pm service in which I sang "Breath of Heaven". It felt wonderful to share my gift of singing...it's been a while!!! Christmas morning was spent opening lots of presents and eating our traditional BIG Christmas breakfast. We had a great time with my parents and were very sad to see them leave.:(
We headed out to NE the Monday after Christmas. Our flights were great (only a couple of tiny delays) but our drives were horrendous. Only by God's grace and protection did we make it there and back. We had a wonderful visit with Jason's family which included lots of eating (Arla makes amazing goodies!!!), some intense games of "May I?" (a rummy-like card game), and watching the Huskers beat up on Arizona in their bowl game.:0) We were all able to relax and enjoy some time away from home and with family. We wish that we could see Jason's family more often.:0)
Here are some pics from our Christmas.....I didn't take many in NE.....I just wanted to relax and enjoy the visit.:0)

My two handsome boys all dressed up for Christmas Eve.:0)

Jack with his Pawpa.:0)

Jack and Grandma

My parents with our boys.....I love this picture!!!

Me and my boys.....I am so proud to be their mom!!!

Me and my gorgeous mom:0)

Me and my dad.....He still calls me "Babydoll"....I love it. :0)

Carter with Grandpa

What a fine-looking couple!!!:0)

Our only Christmas Eve family picture....Carter had already changed into his pjs.:0)

Carter with his mound of presents on Christmas morning.:0)

Jack with HIS mound.....YIKES!!!

Jack was very excited to open presents!!!

Dad opening one of his gifts.

Carter unwrapping one of the many books that he received.....He was very excited about the new Bible that we got him.:0)

Jack got a new Bible, too......He loved his as well!!!

I made both the boys fleece blanket this year......Carter;s ius a really cool camo/football print....He loves it!!!

Jackloves his new bug print fleece blanket.....He had to try it out.:0)

Sorrry, Mom, but I had to post at least one picture of you from Christmas morning.:0)

Dad opening the "Rascal Flatts" CD that we gave him.....he's a big country fan.:0)

Jack playing with his favorite gift, a new laptop.:0)

Carter opening another one of his gifts.

Jason's parents made this little store for Carter when he was younger. Both boys enjoyed playing with it.:0)
Jack loved playing store. His prices were a little steep but he suckered ius all into buying from him anyway!!!

Daddy and Jack playing store.
We thoroughly enjoyed our time with family for Christmas and we pray that all of you had a joyous Christmas season and a very Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment