Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy Saturday

Saturday was a busy day for The Hoerth House. Carter and I started off the morning by running the Saxonburg Festival of the Arts 5K. I realized that this was the 5th year that we have run it together and it is definitely our favorite race of the summer. Carter did a great job although he still needs to work on pacing himself better. I guess that is something that will come along as he gets older and more mature. I set a new PR for myself by running the race in 23:41 and I even got 1st place in my age category!!!:0)

Carter and me before the race......not too bad for 7:30 in the morning!!!:0)

Some post-race hydration. This "Seriously, Mom!!!" face seems to be getting much more frequent.:0)


Showing off my 1st place (in my age group) medal.:0)



Me and my runner after the race. He actually looks somewhat happy to be having his picture taken with me!!!:0)


Later that morning, Jack had his very 1st soccer game. He was feeling a bit under the weather but he still got out there and played hard. He loves soccer so far......no fussing about going to practice or wearing soccer gear. He looks forward to playing with his buddies on the team. It's so fun to watch Jack and his teammates run around the field with the ball. Half the time they can't remember what the whole point of the game is much less which goal is theirs!!! We really enjoyed watching his first game and look forward to the rest of the season.


Ready to play some soccer!!!


A little pre-game jogging to warm up those legs!!!


The jumble of kiddos running after the ball......inevitably someone ends up falling down.:0)



Hurry, get the ball!!!

Post-game team metting. They all did a great job!!!


Our Little Soccer Star :0)

No comments: