Thursday, October 23, 2008

Uneventful Week

This week has been fairly low-key for us, which is a very good thing at the Hoerth house.:0) I had an uneventful day at work on Monday but did come home with one doozy of a headache. Luckily a little caffeine and tylenol did the trick and I was headache-free by bedtime.

On Tuesday, Carter's class went on a field trip. Unfortunately, neither Jason or I could go so we don't have any pictures. They went to Lutherlyn which is a place about 45 minutes from our house that has hiking trails, obstacle courses, nature education, campsites and cabins for camping, etc. Carter had a great time and was very excited when he got home. They hiked on the trails, got to catch pond creatures and learn about them, and cooked their own lunches over a camp fire (hot dogs and s'mores-YUM!!). He was most excited about learning how to make a shelter out of things in nature and as soon as he finds a stick twice his height, he's going to show us how.:0)

Yesterday was busy for Jack and I. We had Kindermusik in the morning. It is so fun to watch Jack progress throughout the session. He's getting good at keeping a fairly steady beat and he knows the lyrics to a lot of the songs that we sing. He enjoys class so much, smiling and laughing the whole time, and I love the uninterrupted time with him. After class, we headed to the library there in Butler to pick out books for both boys. We LOVE the Butler library. They have such a great children's section with lots of books as well as games, puzzles, etc. to play with while you're there. After we got our books, we went over to my friend Tiffany's house to have lunch with her and her two boys. Jake is 4 and Max is just a couple months younger than Jack. After lunch, I left to go get my hair cut and colored and Jack stayed with them to play and take his nap. Having 2 hours at the salon by myself was such a treat!! When I got back to Tiffany's, Jack was still napping so I stayed to visit for a while. She has her hands full with her boys so we have quite a bit in common.:0)

I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of Carter and Jack. I took these one day when they were outside playing in the leaves with Jason.



No comments: