Saturday, June 27, 2009

Let the Running Begin!!!

Carter and I ran our first race of the summer this morning. It was the Butler Road Race which is a 5 mile course. The other 3 races that we're planning to run this summer are all 5K's. Carter ran the race today in a little over 51 minutes and came in 3rd in his age group. I ran the course in 40:26 minutes and came in 9th in my age group. I was really porud of Carter for running a great race and I am proud of myself self for running 8 minute miles through the whole course. I didn't take my camera along to the actual race but here are some before and after pics at the car.

Carter before the race......all smiles as usual.:0)

The mom and son running team (pre-race)......lots of race anticipation smiles.:0)

The mom and son running team (post-race)......lots of adrenaline-induced post-race smiles.:0)


Carter showing off his shiny new 3rd place medal. Congrats on a great race, Buddy!!!


No comments: