Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Just an Update...

We've been fairly busy the past several days but I've been a bad historian and have no pictures to show for our business.:0) Jack has been getting up between 5 and 5:30 every morning which makes for some VERY long days for me.

On Saturday he was up at 5 and having the whole day at home in front of me seemed very overwhelming. In swoops my amazing husband who called a friend of ours to come stay with the boys so we could go to lunch together....by ourselves.:0) What a guy!!! We ate at a Mexican restaurant and the food was delicious but both of us were feeling a bit too full the rest of the day after all of the food we ate.:0)

Mother's Day morning I woke up (at 5:30, thanks to Jack) to handmade cards and gifts from Jason and the boys. Carter gave me a hand-painted pot and recipe book that he made in school. I always love the fun stuff that they make for us moms in school.:0) I got my Mother's Day gift a couple of weeks ago....new running shoes....for most people, not too exciting but I was thrilled!! My father and mother-in-law sent me an Applebee's gift card which we used for our Mother's Day dinner out. Our meals were great but the best part was the Mile High Ice Cream Pie that they have now. We all shared it and it was fabulous!!!

Carter had his big class field trip yesterday. They toured PNC Park (the Pirates' stadium) and saw a movie about the ocean at the IMax at the Carnegie Science Center. He had a great time and was so excited because they actually got to see some of the Pirates' players having batting practice while they were at the stadium. The weather held out the rest of the day so Carter was able to have his baseball game last night. It was a fairly miserable night (cool and breezy) to be sitting at the ball field not to mention having to chase Jack around everywhere. It was a long game but Carter's team won 16-8 so he was happy.:0) He got a great hit....line drive down the 1st base line and then ended up scoring a while later when one of his teammates hit a Grand Slam. They were all so excited!!!

Jack and I are off to do our weekly grocery shopping this morning after we drop Carter and Aleah off at school. After lunch, we'll be heading over to my friend Tiffany's and I will put Jack down for his nap there and then head off for a haircut appointment. I'm REALLY looking forward to my appointment because I'm getting something new done and it is time by myself.:0)
I'll try to remember to post pics of my new 'do.

Well....that's it for now.....sorry it's not too exciting but sometimes that's the way we like it!!!:0)

No comments: