Saturday, February 28, 2009

Busy Week!!!

We've had a very busy week here at the Hoerth House. Not the "stress you out" kind of busy but the "yeah we have lots to do!!!" type of busy. Thursday morning I got to watch my friend Angie's little girl, Amelia. She is 10 months old and an absolute sweet pea.:0) She was so good for me the whole time I had her and gave me lots of snuggles which I never got much of with my boys. Jack did much better with her here than I anticipated. He didn't mind the love and attention I was giving her. Until just recently, he would get upset any time I held another baby/child. The only time he reacted towards Amelia was when she either touched his stuff or touched him. I had them both on my lap at one point and she reached her little hand out to touch Jack's arm. Jack looked down at her hand and gently removed it from himself......too funny!!:0)

Thursday evening, Angie and I went to The Brick House, a restaurant/bar in Butler for the Kindermusik Mom's Night Out. It was so nice to be out with other adults and not be looking around to see what my children were up to. I met another pastor's wife whose husband is the minister at a Presbyterian church in Butler. They just moved here last June and she was grateful to meet another pastor's wife in the area. We exchanged e-mail addresses and may get our kiddos together for a playdate some time.

There is a new McDonalds up in Butler and every time we drive past it Jack asks if we can eat lunch there. I always tell him that maybe we can some other time. Jason and I decided to take him there for lunch yesterday and he was so excited.:0) I really think that he could live off of "chicken and french fries" if we would let him.

Friday evening we had dinner at our friends', the Kriberneys, house. They have two little boys who are 3 and 4-years-old. The youngest, Max, will be in Jack's class next year. The boys had a great time chasing each other around and acting crazy and we had a great time talking to Andy and Tiffany and getting to know them better. Tiffany and I spend a decent amount of time with each other and the kids but this was the first time we got together as a couple. It was very nice and we really enjoyed the evening.

I have more to post about Saturday with pictures but I will make a whole new post for that so stay tuned.:0)

No comments: