Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This and That

We've actually had a fairly low-key day today which is really nice. After Carter went over to school, Jack and I had some time to just chill out and watch "Regis and Kelly" (my fave!!). I got out the camera to take some pictures of Jack and those of you who know him well can imagine how well that went!!! I didn't get many pics of him but I did get a video of him singing some of his Kindermusik songs. You'll notice that throughout most of the video, his back is to me and at one point he even has his rear end sticking up right at the camera. That just about sums up Jack's feeling about having pictures/video taken of him.:0)





Carter had his yearly physical with the pediatrician later in the morning. We went into the appointment anticipating no shots and Carter was not so happy to find out that he would need to have one for Hep. A. He immediately started crying and begging me to let him wait until next year to get it. I calmly assured him that it wouldn't be that bad (you can probably guess how much that helped). He is in the 50-75th percentile for weight and BMI and in the 75-90th for height (essentially, he's tall and skinny.....have NO idea where he got that from!!!). I asked about his frequent headaches and the doctor said that he most likely inherited the propensity to get them from me and that we would just have to become aware of his "triggers". After the doctor left, the medical assistant came back in with the shot. Carter started crying and begging again asking, "Can we please just wait 5 minutes?!?!" and "Mom, let's just come back tomorrow and get it!!!". Yeah right!!! Like waiting 5 minutes or going back tomorrow would make you react any differently!!!! The MA talked to him very calmly and said, "You have to get this shot today, Buddy, so you need to just relax or I'm going to have to get someone to come in and hold you down so I can give it to you". That may seem kind of harsh but for a kiddo like Carter, that's what works. She gave him the shot (which he didn't even feel) and we left.

We took Carter back to school and then Jack and I came home. He worked on a Valentine's painting for his best bud, Annabelle. He wanted to use brown and green paint for the colors but I convinced him that perhaps white and pink on red paper would be more appropriate for Valentine's Day.:0)

He's studying his creation carefully to make sure it's just right.:0)


Oops!! Dropped some paint on the floor. Good thing we're in the basement!!!

Our adorable little artist!!!

No comments: