Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Change

I made a bit of a change to our blog. I was getting sick of the same old background so I found a great website that had really cute FREE ones. I hope you all like it although I'm sure it will get changed more frequently now that I have lots more options.:0)

This week is crazy busy for us. Some weeks we have almost nothing on the calendar and then others every day is filled. Last night was Family Game Night at Carter's school. A really cool store called The Thinking Cap brought all these fun educational games for us to try out. They had raffle drawings throughout the night and Carter won a gift certificate to the store. He used it to buy a fun new game that we played.

Jack and I went to Kindermusik this morning. This session is so nice. There are only 6 kiddos in the class so it is more calm and easier to do activities. Jack LOVES Kindermusik and I am floored by how much he learns from week to week. After class we headed to the library to pick out books for Jack and Carter. It is so hard to pick out books for kiddos Carter's age. Most of them involve dragons and magic and things like that which we generally try to steer him away from. He also reads at a higher grade level than he's in so it's hard to find books that are hard enough for him with appropriate content. Jack on the other hand is easy......Clifford, Blue's Clues, Berenstain Bears, and Curious George.:0)

Tonight we'll head off for Ash Wednesday service. I love Lenten services. Just the preparation leading up to Good Friday and Easter uplifts me every year. I think I'm going to give up sweets for Lent this year. I will probably not be a happy camper for the next 6 weeks but it will be good for me physically and spiritually. So, if you see me, please don't offer me sweets or I may have to hurt you!!!:0)

Bye for now.....I'll fill you in on the rest of our week later.

No comments: