We had a very low-key V-Day yesterday. When we all woke up, we opened our cards and small gifts from each other. I got my present from Jason last week when he took me to Gap to get a new pair of jeans. Not very romantic, but I love buying new clothes so it was perfect!!!:0) We also opened our cards from my parents. They got one for Jack with Pooh on the front. He was SO excited about his Pooh card. He kept saying, "OOOOH, it's Pooh on my card!!!". My mom wrote a little message inside about signs (street signs.....Jack's latest obsession) and Jack LOVED it. He kept opening the card and "reading" the message over and over again. He's so hilarious!!! Then I made chocolate chip waffles for breakfast. YUM!!
Carter had his best friend, Max, over to play later in the morning. They are so funny together...like two peas in a pod. I love that Carter has a best friend that he can just be himself with and talk about anything with. We have been very blessed to have Max as Carter's friend. After I put Jack down for his nap, I took the two boys to their Upward basketball game (their on the same team). Their team played so well together.....we were all very proud of them. Carter has really improved in just the 4 weeks that they've been playing. It is so fun to see his talents and abilities develop.
I made a delicious dinner of spaghetti w/ meat sauce, mixed green salads, and breadsticks. We followed dinner with a delicious dessert that my mom used to make. You just take a store bought angel food cake, slice it horizontally, and put vanilla pudding and cut up strawberries on top of the bottom layer. Then you place the top layer back on, cover it with more strawberries, and then drizzle (liberally!!) with chocolate hard shell. You out it in the fridge for a while and the chocolate hardens up. It's delicious!!!!
Jason is preaching this weekend so we went to church last night. I like Saturday night service because it is so relaxed. Jason announced to the congregation that we turned down the call to Eden, ID and everyone was very happy.:0)
After church, we came home a opened a package from Jason's parents that had arrived in the mail. They got us all some great movies and chocolate (always a hit!!). They sent Jack a really soft puppy stuffed animal and wrote on the card that it could be one of his new "buddies" (that's what we call the 3 stuffed animals that he sleeps with). He got this really concerned look on his face and said, "Um....no thanks. I no want him.". Then he ran off to find his "real" buddies. It was so funny!!!:0)
We hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day. We love and miss you all very much!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment