Sunday, April 12, 2009

He Is Risen!!!

Happy Easter, Everyone!!! We pray that you had a blessed day as you celebrated the resurrection of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We had a great day as a family and with our "family" at church. Jason headed over bright and early for the sunrise service and then the boys and I joined him for our church's Easter breakfast. It was nice to be able to see Jason for more than just a few minutes between services. We attended the 8:15a.m. church service and then the boys and I went to Sunday School. During the last part of the Sunday School hour, there was a puppet show for the kids. Jack loved it and actually sat still through the whole thing.

The rest of our day was fairly normal. All three of my "boys" napped during the afternoon and then I made a big dinner of baked ham, mashed sweet potatoes, asparagus, crescent rolls, and lemon cake. It was quite delicious!!! After dinner, Jason and the boys got their Easter treats. Jason got a basket full of Reese's Peanut Butter goodies and the boys each got a pair of galoshes stuffed with all kinds of goodies. Both boys loved their galoshes and Jack wore them around the house all evening. It was a wonderful day for us all and we pray that you all had a wonderful day too!!!


Jack enjoying his donut at the Easter breakfast.
Carter enjoying his donut at the Easter breakfast. He ended up with powdered sugar everywhere!!

Jason and Jack posing for an Easter pic.:0)


Carter and I......notice the bit of powdered sugar on his mouth.:0)



I actually got a decent shot of the boys together....YEAH!!!



Awwwww.....what a cute family!!!!



Jack enjoying the puppet show with his buddy, Annabelle.


Jason and I posing for a picture together. We had Carter take a few pics of us but it's probably not too hard to figure out how those turned out.:0)



The boys' Easter galoshes and Jason's Reeses' basket.


Jason with his Easter basket.



Carter checking out what was down in his boots.



Jack checking out himself in his new galoshes. He LOVES them!!!




The boys in their new boots. Jack actually posed and smiled for this picture.....an Easter miracle!!:0)

No comments: