Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day and Potty Training

Happy Election Day!! I hope everyone went out and let their voice be heard by voting. We pray that God outs the right man in office.

Jason took Carter with him to the polls this morning to see what it was like to vote. Carter is very in to politics and especially this presidential race so he was excited to go with his dad. He was also very excited about the mock election that they had at his school today. McCain won by a land slide!!

About a month ago, when I took Jack for his 3 year appointment, Dr. Vigliotti asked if he was potty trained yet. I reluctantly told him no and that it was proving to be quite difficult especially considering Jack's strong will. He suggested dropping the subject for a month and then to try again. Well, it's been about a month and Jack and I's calendar is fairly clear this week, so we are trying again with the whole potty thing.

I made him a chart to put stickers on when he goes in the toilet and hung it on the wall in the bathroom. When I showed it to him and told him that when he filled all the squares he would get a special treat he said "Oh, dat's coooool!!". That seems to be his new phrase....too funny!! Anyway, he's done a good job today. He definitely knows when he needs to go but sometimes doesn't tell me until he's already gone a little in his underwear. Luckily, we haven't had any full-blown accidents today. This is definitely going to take time and much patience on my part and his, but I think this time he's really getting the hang of it.:0)

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Good luck with your potty efforts! You can do it!