Sunday, November 2, 2008

We love you, Mim.

We lost a dear friend early this morning. Miriam Keurulainen (a.k.a. Mim), mother of Barry Keurulainen, our senior pastor, passed away peacefully this morning. Mim was originally from Massachussetts but moved here a while back to live with Barry and his wife, Andie. Eventually, Mim had to move to Concordia, the skilled nursing facility where I work, because of her declining health. I began making weekly visits to her on Mondays (my work day) and we quickly became friends. She had such a sweet spirit and loved to laugh about life, especially about the joys and challenges of raising boys (she raised 2, just like me). Every time I entered her room, a big smile would come across her face and her eyes would light up. She always asked me about my boys and loved to hear about their latest antics. I really looked forward to our weekly visits and she became a very special friend to me. Near the end, she spoke often of being called home to Heaven and we know that she is singing and dancing with the angels today and basking in the love of her Savior. Mim, we will always remember your quick smile, bright eyes, and sense of humor, but most of all, we will remember your immense faith in your Lord, Jesus Christ. We miss you and love you very much!!

No comments: