Sunday, December 21, 2008

Church with Jack

OK, I'm sure I'm not the only mom who struggles through church every Sunday with her children, but this weekend was quite a doozy with Jack so I thought I'd share.

We went to church last night because Jason preached this weekend. I find Saturday night church to be a little better with Jack because there aren't nearly as many people for him to distract.:0) Throughout the service, he had to go to the bathroom 3 times. He didn't have any more liquids before or during the service than usual and normally can make it through church without going even once. Not only did we have to leave church 3 times, but each exit was preceded by a very loud "Mommy, I have to sit on the potty!!!!".

During the service, we sang "Great Is Thy Faithfulness" and Jack thought it was the perfect time to sing the "Toast" song that he learned in Kindermusik. So this is how it went......"Great is thy faithfulness"........."Toast, toast, I wike it a wot"........."Oh, God, my Father"......."Toast, toast, when will it pop?". And he didn't sing it in a nice quiet voice. He sang it in his wonderful, loud, 3-year-old boy voice!!!

At the end of our services, we sing a final song, have a moment of silent prayer, and then Jason or Pastor Barry say a dismissal prayer. After we sang the last song, as we were supposed to be silently praying, Jack yells, "We all done, Mommy!!!". NICE.

All of this was on top of the normal task of keeping the boys from killing each other, telling Carter to sit up straight or stand and follow along with the service, and trying to make my 3-year-old understand the difference between yelling and whispering. YIKES!!!

No comments: