Saturday, December 6, 2008

Jack "Funnies"

Tonight, I came downstairs after getting ready for church and Jack greeted me with a very enthusiastic "Hi Mommy!!" and had a very guilty look on his face. I asked him what was wrong and he kept asking me, "Do you see the candles?". I figured he was talking about some Christmas decoration so I started looking around the room to see if anything was broken or out of place. That's when I noticed one of our ball ornaments on the ground near the tree. As I approached the tree, I noticed another ornament that was also off the tree. I immediately told Jack not to touch any of the Christmas decorations or he would be in trouble. Then, I went into the kitchen to get some things together for church and when I returned to living room, I found Jack sprawled out underneath of the Christmas tree. What in the world possesses a child to climb underneath of a Christmas tree?!?! Especially when I just, minutes earlier, told him specifically NOT to touch the Christmas decorations!!! What a stinker!!


Tonight at church, Jack was sitting on my lap and we had this conversation:

Jack: Pointing to himself, "This is me. I Jack."

Me: "Yes, you're right, you are Jack."

Jack: Pointing to me, "That is you. You are Mommy."

Me: "Yep. I'm Mommy."

Jack: Pointing to Carter, "That is Carter."

Me: "You're right, that's Carter. He's your brother."

Jack: "No, he not my brother. He Carter"

Me: "Yes, that's Carter and he IS your brother."

Jack: "No, Mommy, I no need a brother!!!! I no need a brother, Mommy!!!"

I'm sure Carter shares the same sentiment sometimes!!:0)

No comments: